Please feel free and join us at any of our running/walking events or groups. All abilities are welcome!
- Coffee Talk Walking Club: Meeting Monday Mornings at 7:15am, our walk club will follow a schedule that will rotate start point locations on a weekly basis. For this group event, we will meet at a local coffee shop for a 45 minute group walk and end back at said coffee shop for post walk camaraderie, coffee, etc! Start your morning and week off on the right foot! (Dog and stroller friendly)
- Group Pub Runs: Held on Thursday’s at 6pm, our all-ability pub run follows a rotating schedule, changing up which local pub/restaurant we will begin and end our runs at. Some group members may go 3-5+ miles, others may run/walk 1-2 miles, and some just show up for the post-run fun! (Pub Runs will rotate with our Thursday Trail Series/Group Runs).
- Aided Long Runs: Beginning on Sunday June 4th at 8am, QCRC will be hosting aided long runs to assist you during your training! The route will vary week to week (suggestions welcome!) and there will also be varying distances; a 7 mile and a 10 mile option for instance. Aid will be provided along the route. Grab a buddy and let us help those long runs not feel so long!
- Nights at the Track: Starting Tuesday, June 13th, and continuing on Tuesday’s throughout the summer, we will be hosting track nights at Marquette Senior High School. This will include an open track for those looking to add speed work into their training regimen. Suggested workouts will be provided, but feel free to do your own! We will also be hosting 2-3 “track meets” featuring roughly 4 events (example: 400m, 800m, 1600m, 4x400m relay). On these days we will ask for a small entry fee which will then be donated back to the MSHS Cross Country teams.
- Kids Summer Running Camp: Meeting on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30pm at the MSHS Track, a team of coaches led by QCRC's GM, Paige Du Bois, will be providing a positive atmosphere where youth athletes, ages 5-12, can be inspired and motivated through the discipline of running. Through this 10 week program our youth will learn the principles of leadership, respect, and teamwork as well as portraying healthy habits to last a lifetime. We will break down the fundamental skills of running to meet the needs of all those participating. Camp begins June 21! Sign up link: https://runsignup.com/Club/MI/Marquette/QCRCKidsSummerRunningCamp
- Group Trail Runs: 2x per month, we will host a group trail run at different locations from May-October. This is a great way for us to introduce to you our trail system and show off the natural beauty of the place we get to call home. These locations can be found on our facebook page.
For more information please message us and ask to join our email list. We send out weekly reminders for our run group and all up coming races. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to join!